July 19, 2010
It takes me a while when I have to relearn something.
Usually my swirls and curls are Thin-Thick-Thin, but my daughter’s princess crown was calling out to me. It had the usual “filigree” curls but the ends were teardrops. Light bulb!
So as you can see, when I am learning something new it takes me a few tries…
And then! And then I might be able to try it on my self again…
And then I bribe our daughter to let me give it a shot on her :)
So my lessons learned:
1. Alison Kenyon rocks! at her filigree crowns.
2. Filigree with brushwork gold first and then adding brown takes a loooooong time. Sponge the gold background and then use brown line work.
3. Darker colors work best for this style.
4. I don’t need to highlight each and every single brown line at the end.
5. I need to get Z to teach me her eyelashes…
Filed under: Inspiration