October 29, 2010
I took a little trip to the Container Store today in Rockville, MD.
It was so awesome!
I needed some new kit organization after Face Painting for 9 weekends at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
Here are some pictures of my new set up:
Here is what I changed:
- I bought a rockin’ new Black Case that I love to pieces. It is a lot lighter and less bulky than the ubiquitous metal tool box from Home Depot/Silly Farm. Plus it lays open almost completely flat so I don’t have to transfer stuff from the case to the table or worry about the thing shutting or falling. It has a nice handle and I can also add a shoulder strap.
- I got a “Professional Face Painter” tote as a Free Gift from Metina’s Face Paint Forum Shop. Weeee! It would be worth the $10 anyway – it has a nice flat bottom and wide shoulder strap. I do wish the bottom was reinforced with a stiffy (that’s what she said!) but it is lovely so far (NOTE: Metina let me know that there is a stiffy included with the bags! I just misplaced mine. I found it and tried it all together and there is no sagging. Wee!!). Into my tote goes everything I can’t fit into my Black Case.
- I have all my TAG Body Art palettes organized by color on the left side of the Black Case when open. The palettes get closed up when they are in the case so they don’t shift around or fall out.
- On the right side of the open Black Case I have my few pots of Kryolan, Snaz, and Paradise plus my Black and White and Rainbow cakes and my water containers + wipes.
- I also changed out my water containers – I need a wide shallow one for my sponges and a tall narrow one for my brush water. I bought the brush one (dark plastic rectangular box) at the Container Store.
- I bought one of those Lipstick holders to keep my glitter, fan, and Green Marble handy.
- For my clean sponges, I switched out using a HUUUUUUUUGE mesh bag and now I’m keeping 26 sponges in a mesh collapsible cube. The dirty ones still go into a mesh laundry bag on the side.
- I decided to try out using my new TAG One Stroke Split Cakes with my regular kit to see how I like them. They are in a 3 drawer acrylic thingy. I tried to take pictures to show how the cakes fit nicely into the drawers.
- I’m keeping a few of my self sticky rhinestones in the bottom drawer.
- The rest of my loose jewels are inside/under my Brush Easel.
So there it is.
I timed myself unpacking and then repacking and I finished in under 2 minutes both times.
My next step is to get my picture display easier to carry, then my table, then my chair…. then the WORLD!!! Muahahahahahahahhahahahaaaaaa… ahem.
The Container Store Product Descriptions and Codes:
17″ x 14″ x 4-1/2″ h Commercial-Grade Case Black
Item # 10014001
Acrylic Lipstick & Pencil Cube Clear
Item # 854100
Small 3-Drawer Acrylic Box Clear
Item # 388350
5-1/2″ Folding Mesh Cube Black
Item # 10005355
Amac Box Turquoise: 1-3/16″ sq. x 2-7/16″ h
Item # 10022858
Filed under: Business