1. How much do you charge for a small Birthday Party*?
Private Party Rates
$150 per hour for Traditional Face Painting, or Balloons, or Solid Bling Temporary Tattoos Up to 15 guests per hour
$200 per hour for Airbrush Face Painting Up to 15 guests per hour
*For Bar Mitzvahs and Bat Mitzvahs, we highly recommend either Solid Bling Glitter Tattoos or Airbrush Face Painting/Tattoos. We have a 3 hour minimum for all Mitzvah celebrations.
2. Is there a minimum number of guests required?
No. For private parties, you may have as few guests as desired. However, there is an hourly minimum that we require for private parties. Please see below.
3. Is there a minimum number of hours required for private parties?
Yes. We require a 2 hour minimum for private parties and a 3 hour minimum for Airbrush services. If the guest list is 15 or fewer, the second hour will be either balloons or Solid Bling Temporary Tattoos. If the guest list is 16 – 30, both hours will be the same activity.
Airbrush Face Painting / Tattoos is $200 for all three hours regardless of the second activity chosen if there are 15 guests or fewer.
If pricing or hourly minimums are an issue, we have found that the solution is to have three or four families combine their birthday celebrations. We have serviced many multi-host parties, and it is a wonderful way to have a big blow-out party with better organization and cost defrayment.
4. What if I want both balloons & face painting at my medium sized (16-30 guests invited) private party?
If the guest list is 16-30 guests and you desire two or more activities, you will either need to book more time with a single artist or book multiple artists. There is a two hour minimum per artist.
- 18 guests invited, 1.5 hours of traditional face painting & 1.5 hours of balloons (1 artist) = 3 hours total = $450.00
- 27 guests invited, 2 hours of traditional face painting (1st artist) & 2 hours of balloons (2nd artist) = 4 hours payment (for 2 hours worth of entertainment) = $600.00 OR 1 artist staying for 4 hours = $600.00
- 24 guests invited, 2 hours of airbrush face painting (1st artist) & 2 hours of balloons (2nd artist) = 4 hours payment (for 2 hours worth of entertainment) = $700.00 OR 1 artist staying for 4 hours = $700.00
5. How much do you charge for larger events?
For our larger (corporate/non-private party) clients who do not know how many guests will be attending their event, we have a minimum of 4 hours per artist. The price is $150 per hour, per artist for Traditional Face Painting, Balloons, or Solid Bling Temporary Tattops. The price is $200 per hour, per artist for Airbrush Face Painting (or Airbrush Tattoos). Please bear in mind that all Airbrush entertainment requires one table & one working electrical outlet per artist to be provided by the host.
Corporate clients’ events in the past have included:
- Company picnics
- Trade shows and festivals as table entertainment for engaging new customers and gathering potential clients’ contact information
- Client or Resident “Thank-you” parties
- Holiday Parties for employees or clients
- Mall or shopping center public events
- Zoo events
- Aquarium events
6. How does my company book Bright & Shining Face Painting for an event?
Please send an email with the following information to Michelle.Heffner@gmail.com
- Your First and Last Name, and company name
- Your Work Telephone number & the day of event contact Cell Phone number
- Type of Event (Picnic, Festival Booth Table Entertainment, Shopping Center Public Event, Grand Opening etc.)
- Date of Event
- Timeframe of Event and which hours requested (4 hour minimum for Corporate Events)
- Location of Event including address
- Number of guests you expect to be serviced (may be unknown for large events, please see #1 above for number of guests per hour rates for each type of entertainment)
- Type of entertainment requested (Traditional Face Painting, Airbrush Face Painting, Balloons, and/or Solid Bling Temporary Tattoos)
Payment for corporate events may either be email invoiced and paid via Company Check within 7 days of returning the contract OR may be paid with a Company or Personal Credit/Debit card via secure online PayPal invoicing within 7 days of returning the contract.
Once the completed contract has been returned and the payment has cleared, you will receive confirmation of booking. We will then be in contact to receive the rest of the event details including parking, tables & electrical outlets supplied
7. How do I wash off the Face Painting?
Because we only use Safe Products on your guests, clean up is a breeze:
1. Massage a quarter-sized amount of liquid baby soap (no water) onto the design area.
2. Dampen a dark washcloth with warm water and gently wipe off the lather.
3. Towel dry and off to bed!
4. Really though, using the washcloth is the most important part :)
8. What kind of paint do you use?
Great question! We don’t use craft paint. We use water-activated makeup with special sponges and brushes to create my designs. It washes off easily if you use the above steps. For airbrush face painting, we use liquid makeup that contains a similar water-resistant cosmetic ingredient as water-proof mascara.
9. Is the airbrush paint that you use safe?
Yes. Our artists do not use craft paint when airbrushing. They only use safe, FDA compliant cosmetic products when airbrushing. The makeup is approximately as water-proof/smudge-proof as water-proof mascara.
Please use a damp washcloth and baby shampoo to remove the designs. If any color remains after washing, please use a comercial eye-makeup remover or baby oil to wipe away any leftover color.
10. Are your Solid Bling Temporary Tattoos the same as those “Shimmer” tattoos we saw on TV?
No. The products we use are professional grade and made to be used by those who entertain for a living. The stencils are custom made and do not pull or hurt upon removal. The cosmetic adhesive is safe for use on the skin and lasts longer than the product supplied in the “Mom” kits you see on TV. We do not apply our Solid Bling Temporary Tattoos to children’s or adults’ faces.
11. What if I need more than one entertainer for my event?
We have many skilled artists available if you need more than one face painter, balloon twister or tattoo artist for a corporate picnic, family reunion or other multiple hour job.
This means less hassle and stress for you. We only utilize artists of the highest caliber, who are neat and clean, and who have a friendly and professional personality.
12. How can I get the solid bling tattoos to last longer?
These tattoos are water resistant so showers, moon bounces, pool parties, and disco dancing won’t wash them away. They normally last up to 5 days with the following care:
1. Pat (not rub) with a towel after bathing and swimming
2. Avoid heavy moisturizers in the area
When you are ready to Remove the Bling:
1. Massage Baby Oil onto the tattoo area and wipe with a soapy washcloth
(takes a few minutes but is gentler)
2. Or soak the design area with Rubbing Alcohol on a paper towel and rub gently
(quicker removal and my preferred method)
13. Do you teach?
Yes, Michelle Heffner our owner does. She teaches face painting at several US children’s entertainer conferences and conventions each year. Her classes are highly sought after and her fellow entertainers seek out her advice and guidance in nearly every aspect of our craft. She also occasionally teaches special advanced technique workshops in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia, Maryland area.
14. Where Can I See Photos From Recent Events?
Click the below Facebook link to browse photos from recent live events
Hire Us for Your Event:
Party Entertainment Services available in Columbia, Baltimore, Annapolis, Potomac, Gaithersburg, Chevy Chase, Clarksville, Somerset, Darnestown, Glen Echo, Davidsonville, Olney, Ellicott City, and most areas of Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington D.C.